Olympus Trip 35 Repair and Refurbishment Service
We now offer the full Trip Man service for your own Olympus Trip 35 camera.
Update: 16/01/2021 - we are temporarily pausing this service whilst we refurbish our workshop area. We hope to continue in about 2 weeks time.
Send us your camera and have it expertly refurbished by Trip Man, complete with a full 12 month warranty. We will perform a full repair, strip down, service, clean and refurbishment of your camera so that it is fully functional again, to our exacting standards. Choose which colour leather you would like.
This service includes the following:
- Full service of the exposure mechanism - aperture, shutter and light meter.
- Replacement of light cells/meter if required (with good used parts, guaranteed for 12 months).
- Check function of the low-light warning (red flag) auto mechanism.
- Check and clean lens assembly - strip down and clean the 3 lens elements and check focus adjustment.
- Clean and reseal viewfinder - clean the 3 lens viewfinder elements.
- Replace light seals with factory specification new light seal foam.
- Check operation of wind-on and frame counter mechanism.
- Check operation of flash hotshoe and x-synch socket .
- Check operation of film rewind mechanism.
- Replacement or repair of dented filter rim, so it can accept 43.5mm filters.
- Repair and replacement of any defective internal parts (excluding cosmetic dents/scratches to the top/base plates - this will be regarded as 'patina' and kept original for you!).
- Full clean, inside and out - polish metal surfaces.
- Replacement of leatherette with your choice of new custom leather, or clean and retain the original leatherette.
The turn-around time for this service is approximately 1 - 2 weeks plus shipping time. It is a world-wide service. Shipping is calculated at the check-out.
Simply add this item to your shopping cart, choosing the colour of leather you require.
Before sending your camera to us, we recommend taking a few photos of your camera, so you have a record of its condition. We also ask if you can please send us an e-mail with the serial number and shipping tracking number to: email@example.com
When you send us your camera, please include a note in the parcel with your return address details.
If you are shipping your camera from outside the EU, you must state on the customs form that it is a defective camera sent for repair, with a nominal value, otherwise it may get delayed at the UK border and extra fees may be incurred (for which you would be responsible) for VAT and customs duties.
We recommend that you send us your camera by a tracked and insured mail or courier service. Please ensure that you carefully package your camera so it does not get damaged in transit. A box is better than an envelope/jiffy bag. We will take the same care when returning your refurbished camera. We will let you know when we have received your camera and when we have completed the service. We will photograph your camera on arrival, so we have a record of its condition too.
This service only applies to the Olympus Trip 35 (1967-1984) with silver or black shutter buttons, as pictured on this website, and not later plastic-bodied versions from 1984 onwards.
Trust Trip Man to restore your treasured camera so you can enjoy it for years to come.
Our address for this service is:
Trip Man Service, 352 Balmoral Drive, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8DL, UK.