For the last 35 years I've lived and worked in London. I grew up in Southampton and always wanted to return to be near family. I also wanted to hav...Read more
You can now send us your camera and have it expertly refurbished by Trip Man, complete with a full 12 month warranty, just like a new camera. We will perform a full repair, strip down, service, clean and refurbishment of your camera so that it is fully functional again, to our exacting standards. Choose which colour leather you would like, or keep the camera original, with the original leatherette.
This exclusive service for UK customers includes the following:
- Full service of the exposure mechanism - aperture, shutter and light meter.
- Replacement of light cells/meter if required (with good used parts, guaranteed for 12 months).
- Check function of the low-light warning (red flag) auto mechanism.
- Check and clean lens assembly - strip down and clean the 3 lens elements and check focus adjustment.
- Clean and reseal viewfinder - clean the 3 lens viewfinder elements.
- Replace light seals with factory specification new light seal foam.
- Check operation of wind-on and frame counter mechanism.
- Check operation of flash hotshoe and x-synch socket .
- Check operation of film rewind mechanism.
- Replacement or repair of dented filter rim, so it can accept 43.5mm filters.
- Repair and replacement of any defective internal parts (excluding cosmetic dents/scratches to the top/base plates - this will be regarded as 'patina' and kept original for you!).
- Full clean, inside and out - polish metal surfaces.
- Replacement of leatherette with your choice of new custom leather, or clean and retain the original leatherette.
The turn-around time for this service is approximately 1 - 2 weeks plus postage time. It is a UK-only service. Postage is just £5.00.
Simply add this item to your shopping cart, choosing the colour of leather you require when you make payment.
Before sending your camera to us, please e-mail us with the serial number and shipping tracking number to: email@example.com
When you send us your camera, please include a note in the parcel with your return address details. We will let you know when we have received your camera and when we have completed the service.
This service is for only UK customers and applies to the Olympus Trip 35 (1967-1984) with silver or black shutter buttons, as pictured on this website, and not later plastic-bodied versions from 1984 onwards.
Trust Trip Man to restore your treasured camera so you can enjoy it for years to come.
Our address for this service is:
Trip Man Service, 102B Station Road, Netley Abbey, Southampton, Hampshire, SO31 5AJ,
We now offer an exclusive service for our UK customers; a fixed-price refurbishment and repair service, with a 12-month warranty, for the Olympus T...Read more